What I did with my summer depression
Hi ya! Did you miss me? I sure missed you! So where the fuck have I been? First I got sick. Real sick. Then I got depressed. Illness always triggers the downside of my manic-depression. The thing about my depressions is that I kinda sorta like them — at least I think I do when I’m in it. It envelopes me with a lovely kind of sleepiness. You know that awesome feeling when you wake up early, remember it’s Saturday, and you can go back to sleep? That’s it. That, and wishing everyone would just die so I could be left alone. I don’t realize just how miserable I’d felt until I’ve started recovering. So, now I’m dragging myself back out of that cozy dark corner. I’m ever grateful to you for sticking around.
My downtime wasn’t entirely spent sleeping in a blanket-fort. I did some stuff:
1. Tried new snacks: Pnuttles Butter Toffee Sunflower Kernels are amazing, and Kraft Bagel-fulls are just as good as they look on the commercial. Also, Papa John’s new whole-wheat pizza crust is nasty.
2. Played Travian. It’s a badass super-slow paced strategy RPG. You should check it out; it’s free and browser-based, so there’s nothing to download.
3. Read Blindness by Jose Saramago. It’s about contagious blindness that sweeps an unnamed city. Everyone goes blind, except one character. The novel reads almost like a zombie story. You can read half of it free on books.google.
4. Watched Red Dawn like 4 times, just because it was on.
5. Avoided anything creative or social. :(
So I’m back now. It might take a while to get back on the horse, so I hope you’ll continue to be patient.